Mission Litter Pickup - Day One...
Carolyn here! I've been wanting to do this for a while now. And today I finally did it and I will be making it a habit. And I'm pretty sure many of you already do it. I just thought I'd share it anyway for those of you that don't already.
As I took my dog for her walk this morning I grabbed a bag and a disposable glove and I picked up litter whenever I saw it. Here are the benefits of why you should get involved!
- I feel awesome!
- I'm a slightly more responsible citizen than I was yesterday.
- The area I live in is a little bit cleaner.
- I contributed to disposing off rubbish responsibly.
- I'm pretty sure a few people would have seen me doing it and may also be inspired to do the same.
- I moved some parts of my body I would not have normally moved as I bent down to pick up the litter.
- I did not have to go out of my way to make a difference!
- I have asked my son to do the same when he takes our dog for a walk.
- Bonus - I can share it here and inspire others to do the same.
So if you walk your dog regularly, and you don't already do the above, I request you do so. And then take a pic and share it in a post on your social media pages to spread an awareness of how easy it is feel awesome!